People with regular menstrual cycles usually take about 28 – 32 days before they get their period again. Although sometimes periods may be delayed or to come earlier.There are some reasons why you want your periods to come faster. The first thing to keep in mind is that if you honestly understand why you want to induce your period.
Are you trying to induce it because of an event that you are going to attend? Perhaps you are inducing it because your period is irregular. Once your reason is clear, you can refer to the methods mentioned that can help you make your period come faster.
- Worried that you are pregnant. If you suspect that you are pregnant, it is unwise to make your periods come faster.Because it is harmful to your body and it will not happen.
- Have your period before an event. There is a chance that you have a swimming party or an outing coming up and it can be hard to enjoy it when you have your period because of the feeling of discomfort.This can be a reason.
- You are not sure about your menstrual cycle. If you have an irregular cycle, It is difficult to make your periods come faster.
- If you are menopausal, this may also affect your menstruation.Remember, this is something you can not control because your body will work on its own.
- Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding can sometimes cause menstruation to stop.
How to make your period come faster? You can try some home remedies, or you could consult your doctor for professional advice.
10 Easy Ways to Make Your Period Come Fast and Naturally
1.Take Pills and Inject Hormone
There are some medications that you can take to increase your chances of getting your period immediately.
Birth Control Pills – Taking birth control pills on a regular basis is one of the most common and effective ways to regulate your menstrual cycle. This is always recommended for females younger than 35 especially in women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).
As this can control their levels of progesterone, estrogen, and androgens in the body. Taking birth control pills can also help get rid of various symptoms caused by irregular periods such as acne, pimples and excessive hair growth.
Use Aspirin – Women can make their period come regularly with aspirin that is mixed with water, sugar, and honey. You can do this when you miss the first day of your period.
Crush up 1 to 2 aspirins and add it to a cup of water.Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.Drink it to make your period come.
Inject Hormone – Some doctors may recommend you take injected hormones rather than to take birth control pills regularly. This can effectively stimulate the menstrual cycle.
You are probably not aware that Vitamin C can accelerate the coming of your period. It can help produce estrogen which can make contractions of the uterus and cause menstrual bleeding. When this happens, menstruation will come sooner.
Try to get vitamin C from some natural sources such as orange, lemon, cranberry juice, green tea, and parsley.You can also add 1000mg of the vitamin to your diet for 2-3 days.
Note that this method is not suitable for pregnant women because too much Vitamin C may lead to miscarriage.
Hot compress is another effective method to speed up your menstrual cycle. If you have a heating pad, you can use that but if you don’t, you can use a hot water bottle instead. If you feel that applying a hot compress to your lower abdomen is too hot, you can also drink lukewarm water.
Alternatively, you can soak yourself in a hot tub for about 30-40 minutes before you go to bed.This will also help warm your body and make your menstruation come earlier.
Sometimes, the reason why women may not get their period regularly is that they lack physical exercise. Exercise can help you maintain the body’s estrogen levels, which help keep the body from ovulating and maintain a regular menstrual cycle.
Do some aerobic exercises. This can help stimulate the body and can also help you lose weight.
Doing abdominal exercises can also be very good for the body since this can make the muscles contract which can result in a fast period.
5.Maintain a Healthy Weight
A lot of people are not aware that too fat or too thin can also cause menstrual irregularities.Fat woman tend to have too much estrogen and lean women may have too little estrogen to maintain their menstrual cycle.Also, maintaining a healthy weight is good for your overall health.
- Eating balanced meals can be hard to do in the beginning but this will help especially when you continue with it in the long run.
- Have time to exercise at least 3times a week. This would have to be done about 30 minutes each time.
One of the main reasons why you may be having problems with your menstruation may be stress.Stress can make your body release cortisol and adrenaline hormones which can disrupt your menstrual cycle.Stress can also make your periods more painful.
In order to prevent being stressed all the time, think of things that you can do to help relieve stressful feelings.
- Avoid some stressful situations. If you cannot avoid it, try not to get exposed to it all the time.
- Regular exercise, daily walks or deep breathing will help you relieve stress.
- Take time to get massages or try to have vacations from time to time because this will make you feel better.
You can also try meditation and yoga. Doing these things once a week can have good effects.
- Try to be with someone that you can be happy and comfortable with. This will help you forget about your current problems.
7.Change Your Diet
How to use diet to regulate your period?
- First, Try to reduce the amount of sodium that you take in.Excess salt can cause fluid retention in your body. This can make your menstrual bloating and swell worse.
- Second, you can eat more foods that are rich in carotene which can help make your period come faster.These foods include peaches, mustard, apricots, carrots, eggs, papaya, spinach, pumpkin etc.
- Third, you can eat more celery which contains apiol that can stimulate blood circulation in the pelvis and uterus.This will lead to an earlier period.
- Last, Increase the amount of red meat that you take in your diet, red meat has heating properties which could speed up your period.
Other Fruits to help induce your period
Pineapple: Pineapples contain Bromelain which can make the lining of the uterus softer. It can also help shed the old uterus lining and induce your period. If you are not fond of pineapple, you may also try eating mangoes. Mangoes are generally sweeter than pineapples.
Carrots: Carrots contain carotene which can help promote the production of estrogen.This will make your period come earlier than expected.
You can eat fresh carrots every day or take it as a snack instead of your usual potato chips. If you are not too fond of eating carrots, you may also take carrots in juice form. Drink carrot juice or shake thrice every day in order to get the desired results.
Papaya: Papaya can help the muscles in your uterus to contract so that blood flow can be induced.You’d better choose green and unripe papaya. It is okay for you to take before you get your period but the moment that you get your period, stop taking it as it may bring some bad effects.
Pomegranate: Pomegranate contains a lot of antioxidants that can be effective in getting rid of toxins and free radicals in your body.It can also induce your period to come when it is late.
You can take pomegranate juice thrice a day. If you do not like the taste of pomegranate that much, you can add a bit of sugar cane.
You can also try the following recipe.Both turmeric and jaggery can increase body heat which can lead to an earlier menstrual cycle.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of jaggery powder.
- Dissolve the mixture in a glass of water.
- Drink 1 to 2 times daily for about 2-3 weeks.
Sex may be the most enjoyable answers to the question “how to make your period come faster?”Sexual intercourse can stimulate the uterus to contract.It also helps soften the cervix and increases blood flow to the genitals.When you have had a healthy and natural sexual intercourse with your partner, your vagina will tend to relax and trigger the shedding of the uterine lining.
9.Exposure To Sun-Light
Do you realize that exposure to sunlight can increase your chances of getting your period faster? When you do not get enough vitamins in your system, it can make your period irregular.
The best sunlight is in the morning because this can provide you with the right amount of Vitamin D. With this Vitamin, you can also increase the amount of calcium that your body needs.
- Make sure expose to sunlight for about 15 minutes and preferably in the morning.
- For more than 15 minutes, you need to apply sunscreen.
Parsley is one of the types of herbs that can stimulate blood flow in the uterus and the pelvis. By taking parsley tea, you can make your period come sooner. Aside from parsley, you can also try the following herbs:
For best results, you can limit your tea intake to about 4 cups a day. Going over the recommended dosage may cause some problems.
Side Effects Of Inducing Your Periods
There are some side effects you may experience if you are going to induce period earlier especially if you are going to induce it weeks before you should get your period. Some of these side effects include the following:
- Mood changes
- Change in weight
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular bleeding
If you experience some side effects while inducing your period, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. Your doctor may recommend other ways to induce your period safely.
Precautions To Take While Inducing Your Periods
- Inducing your period should be done for the right reasons.
- If it is not going to be safe for you to induce your period do not push through with it.
- Avoid eating or drinking items that can increase your blood flow when you already have your period as this may lead to some unwanted repercussions.