How to get rid of shingles fast and naturally?There are a lot of people who are not aware that shingles is caused by varicella roster virus. Although a lot of people do not pay a lot of attention to it, millions of people are reported to have it every year. The virus that causes shingles is also the same virus that causes chicken pox. Usually, shingles occur when the virus becomes triggered again.
You usually know if you have shingles when you get rashes all over the skin and the rashes are not only itchy, they are also extremely painful. The rashes also come in patches and this makes the rashes highly noticeable.
There are some people who are more at risk at getting the virus such as the following:
- People who have had chicken pox before
- Elderly people
- People who have various health conditions. Usually, those who have health conditions that can make the immune system weaker may be more prone to getting shingles than those who are perfectly healthy.
Still, it does not mean that just because you do not fall under any of the categories mentioned above, it already means that you will not get shingles anymore. If ever you already have shingles and you would like to get rid of it at the soonest possible time, you will be delighted to know that there are home remedies that you can try.
8 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Shingles Fast and Naturally
Are you aware that oatmeal has properties that can easily soothe your shingles? This is because oatmeal also has anti irritating properties and this can give you the relief that you are searching for so that you will not feel the need to scratch ever so often and worsen your condition.
- Add oatmeal to your bath. Make sure that your water is just lukewarm so that you will not cook the oatmeal.
- Bathe on the oatmeal infused bath water and make sure that you will bathe for about 15 minutes.
- This can be done about 3 times a day so that you will feel instant relief.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known to be one of those items that are always used for various home remedies. It is not surprising that Aloe Vera can also be used for the skin. It can help soothe the skin so that it will not be too irritated and itchy. It can also help the healing process become improved.
- Get a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and get the gel from the leaf.
- Apply the fresh Aloe Vera gel on the areas where in the shingles are prevalent.
- Massage the Aloe Vera on the area and wait for it to dry for a few minutes.
- Rinse off after half an hour.
- This can be done about 2 – 3 times a day to get good results at the soonest possible time.
Honey is known to be an organic agent that can make sure that skin will be revived again. Aside from the fact that it can soothe the skin, it is very helpful that honey can handle the skin gently which means that people do not have to worry about getting more allergies because of the use of this home remedy to get rid of shingles.
- Place honey on clean cloth and apply the honey on the skin.
- You would need to make sure that you will cover all of the areas quite well.
- Place the honey on the skin and keep it there for as long as you can.
- If the honey dries up, you would need to place a fresh batch of honey and cover it with the cloth.
- Do these processes until the shingles remove because of the use of the honey.
- Green Tea
The great thing about green tea is that a lot of people like it a lot. In fact, some people take it before going to work in the morning. If you have never taken green tea before, you have to know that this can be very effective in getting rid of shingles because of its anti viral properties. It can help kill the virus causing shingles and this will make shingles go away eventually.
- Make sure that you will include green tea when you wake up in the morning.
- You are recommended to drink green tea about 4 times a day so that it can heal you from the inside.
Garlic is known for its anti viral properties so it can be very helpful in order to get rid of shingles at the soonest possible time. You can also include raw garlic in your diet if you can take the strong flavor but if not, you can do this instead:
- Get garlic cloves and mash it until you get a paste.
- Place the garlic paste on the area afflicted with shingles.
- Leave on the skin for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to leave it longer because this might burn off some areas of your skin.
- Wash off with warm water.
- This would have to be done for a couple of weeks but limit placing the garlic only once a day.
You may be surprised to see acetone here since you may probably know acetone as something that you can use in order to get rid of nail polish that has been in your nails for a long time but you ought to know that acetone can also help get rid of shingles because it can dry off the skin and kill the virus at the same time.
- Place the acetone on a clear cotton ball.
- Place it on the skin affected by shingles.
- Leave the acetone on the shingles for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash off completely with water.
- Virgin Coconut Oil
The fact that virgin coconut oil has anti inflammatory and anti viral properties means that it can help get rid of shingles at the soonest possible time.
- Make sure that you will warm your virgin coconut oil.
- Place the warm virgin coconut oil on the area that is afflicted by shingles.
- Place gauze to cover the area covered with coconut oil.
- Reapply the coconut oil every 3 hours.
- You can do this every day for about a week or at least until the shingles start to go away.
Salt has antiseptic properties that can be very helpful in soothing the itch that you may be feeling because of having shingles. You can make sure that the areas afflicted by shingles will start to become dry and the shingles will start flaking off.
- Mix a tablespoon of salt in a cup of warm water.
- Use a cotton ball and place it on the afflicted area.
- This would have to be done about 4 times a day for a certain period of time.
Do remember that aside from the natural home remedies that are mentioned above, it will be helpful if you could avoid having to scratch the affected area of the skin because this might aggravate your condition even more. Keep shingles exposed unless you are doing home remedies so that they can dry up easily.