There are a lot of people who become a bit embarrassed that they are suffering from jock itch but what people should always remember is that jock itch affects both men and women. While it can affect men and women, men tend to get it more often. The itch is usually found on the buttocks, the groin, inner thighs and sometimes even the genital area. Most of the time, people are not even sure how they have gotten the itch.While there are some natural home remedies to get rid of jock itch fast, knowing more about jock itch can help you become more aware of it.
Common Causes of Jock Itch
For those who are not too aware how jock itch came about, here are just some of the possible reasons for getting it:
- Excessive Sweating
- Obesity/Being Overweight
- Tight Clothing
- Weak Immune System
Usually, those who experience the causes mentioned above will develop jock itch later on. How will people know if they already have jock itch? How will you know if you already have this condition? Here are a few symptoms to watch out for:
- A rough patch of red with hard edges on some areas of the skin.
- Flaking Skin
- Burning Sensation of the Skin
As much as possible, you would like to get rid of jock itch, preferably forever so how are you going to do just that? It is already quite common to go visit the doctor in order to get rid of the itch but there are also times when you might want to try to remove it with the use of home remedies.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Jock Itch Forever
You might be surprised to know that there are actually home remedies that you can do. The great thing about home remedies is that most of the ingredients that you need can be found in the kitchen. This will help you save on expenses and at the same time, try out things that are more natural. Here are 10 home remedies that you can try.
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
In different home remedies for different parts of the body, the apple cider vinegar is something that is always included in the list. It has a lot of properties that can be good for the skin. It is actually good for getting rid of the infection brought about by jock itch.
- Make sure that you have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it in with a cup of warm water.
- Place the solution that you have created on the affected area and wash it thoroughly. Do not wipe the area and let it dry on its own.
- Do this about 2 – 3 times a day every day. It will help get rid of the jock itch in no time.
If you think that only apple cider vinegar is amazing against jock itch, you should know that white vinegar can also be used for a certain effect. White vinegar contains anti fungal properties that can help get rid of the bacteria causing the infection.
- Mix a cup of vinegar with about 4 cups of water.
- Use a piece of clean cloth and dip it on the solution that you have created.
- Place the cloth that you have dipped in water and vinegar on the affected area. Use the cloth to wipe off the bacteria and leave it to dry.
- Do this 2 – 3 times a day everyday for the best results.
3.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is already commonly used for different types of skin infection. It has already been used several times to get rid of various skin bacteria that might have caused people some discomfort. Tea tree oil is also in charge of making sure that the inflammation goes down so people will not feel that uncomfortable while afflicted with jock itch.
- Make sure that you have tea tree oil and a clean cotton ball.
- Place the tea tree oil on the cotton ball and apply it on the affected area.
- Do this about twice a day.
One of the main reasons why alcohol is very effective in getting rid of jock itch is because of the fact that it makes the area dry. Since the fungus or the bacteria causing jock itch loves to live in warm, moist areas, using alcohol can dry a certain area completely and this will help get rid of jock itch.
- Find an alcohol with high isopropyl amount. The higher the amount is, the better it will be. The highest that can be found in the market right now that is still safe for use is 90%.
- Place the alcohol on a clean cotton ball.
- Dab the cotton ball on the affected area. Do remember that you do not need to wipe it because it will evaporate on its own.
- Do this as often as you like throughout the day.
5.Get Rid of Jock Itch In Women With Listerine
At this point you may be wondering why there is a need for Listerine when it is commonly being used for cleaning the mouth. Do remember that the reason why it is effective is because it cleans off the bacteria and fungi. This means that it can also be effective in getting rid of the bacteria and fungi causing the jock itch on the skin.
- Again using a clean cotton ball, place an ample amount of Listerine on the cotton ball and apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it on and do not wash it off. Do this for about two to three times a day for relief.
It is possible that you will be initially scared to use bleach probably because you are used to using it for clothes or cleaning things that are around the house. Still, bleach contains some properties that can help get rid of the infection.
- Mix a small amount of bleach on a whole tub of water.
- Soak on the tub for about 10 – 15 minutes depending on how long you think you should soak.
- Do this every other day until such time when you see visible results.
Salt is known to have a lot of good properties that can help get rid of the infection. Aside from the fact that it can help stop the growth of the fungus so that it will not spread, it will also help the itch heal so that it can just disappear.
- Fill a tub with warm water
- Place a very generous amount of salt on the tub. Do remember that any type of salt can be used.
- Soak in the tub for about half an hour.
- Do these processes twice a day until you see the result.
Garlic is well known to help ward off vampires and the like but kidding aside, garlic can also be used to help get rid of jock itch probably because of the fact that it has anti fungal properties. It can also help relieve the infected area from itching. The pain brought about by the jock itch may not be felt that much as well.
- Crush a few garlic cloves until it becomes pasty and place it on the affected area.
- Leave the paste on the skin for about a few minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Make sure that you do this 2 – 3 times daily.
A lot of people are not aware that onions have anti fungal properties that can help get rid of jock itch. Onion is an effective fungi killer and can help get rid of the fungi causing the jock itch easily.
- Grind the onion until it becomes pasty in appearance.
- Place the onion paste on the solution and leave it there for about 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Do this once or twice daily.
Honey is known to be a natural anti septic and it also has some anti inflammatory properties that can help relieve the effects of jock itch on the skin.
- Apply a generous amount of clean honey on the skin.
- Leave the honey on the skin for about half an hour.
- Wash off after 30 minutes and pat dry the area with a clean cloth.
- Do this once or twice every day.
Do remember that in order to get rid of jock itch effective, proper hygiene is also extremely important.
Recommended Reading:Ultimate Guide For Blue Waffle Disease- a Scary Reality or a Nonsense