Having cellulite means that you have accumulated some excess body fat. Cellulite on arms is usually likened to cottage cheese because of how they look like underneath the skin. It is not true that only overweight women have this condition.
Both men and women may get cellulite, but women are more likely to have them because of their estrogen levels. This hormone allows women to acquire fat in various parts of their bodies. Cosmetically, they can be a problem, but they do not cause any issues with your overall physical health.
It is hard to get rid of cellulite once they start settling on various parts of your body, but you are always given various options so that you can remove them and get rid of them efficiently.
The Main Causes of Cellulite on Your Upper Arms
People store fat just beneath the surface of the skin. For men, their fat is usually buried underneath their muscles so even if they are unhealthy, it does not show immediately. These are some details about why people get cellulite:
- Cellulite is common in women who are already menopausal. The skin of people become thinner and less elastic as they age and this makes the dimpled appearance of cellulite more prominent than before even if the cellulite has been there for a long time.
- Living an unhealthy lifestyle can make the body acquire and store more fat.
- When people do not make enough effort to exercise because of their sedentary lifestyle, they increase their chances of getting cellulite not only on their arms but other parts of their body. The body may retain more fluid when it is not getting enough exercise.
- You can tell if people are crash dieting if they would have more cellulite on various parts of their body. This is because they do not exercise along with losing weight.
Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cellulite on Arms Fast
You have gained enough knowledge about how you can avoid getting cellulite on your arms. If you already have them, how can you remove them from your body? They are very hard to remove, but you can always reduce their appearance by knowing the right remedies to combat cellulite efficiently.
Take note that there is no scientific evidence that this works but since a lot of women have already said that this has worked for them, there is no reason why you should not try it. You can use a dry brush to open up the pores of your skin. This will also stimulate the blood flow to the body.
- The movement of the brush should be towards your heart.
- Make sure that the sweeps that you will make are long and only brush in one direction.
- Always start from your feet going upwards.
- Do not forget your arms in the process because this is the place wherein you would like to remove the cellulite the most.
- Do not brush too hard.
You will know if you brush too hard if your skin becomes red and patchy.
Tomatoes are known to be high in lycopene. This is needed to improve the amount of collagen on the skin. At the same time, this can also help prevent the collagen found on the skin from breaking down. This will make your skin firmer and more elastic. If you do not have fresh tomatoes, you can also use tomato paste.
- Get the juices of the tomatoes and apply the juice directly on your arms.
- Massage your arms a bit to help the blood circulate better.
- If you do not have tomatoes, use tomato paste and also spread along the arms.
- Rinse after 20 minutes.
If you are going to use tomato paste, make sure that it is BPA free so you will avoid further damage to your skin. BPA is toxic and may cause more problems.
How many glasses of water do you drink every day? Water is essential for your health. It will not only be effective in reducing cellulite, but it can also make your skin glow. People who hydrate all the time usually have softer skin and can get rid of toxins from their body easily. Through hydrating, you can also get rid of your body’s fat storage so you can lose weight efficiently.
- Consume food products that are high in water content such as cucumbers and watermelon.
- Eat more leafy greens. Add more of those kale, spinach and romaine lettuce and add them to your salad.
- Drink enough glasses of water a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
People swear by the effects of ACV. They know that this can be effective as long as they would use it correctly. This can be used for a wide variety of purposes. Some use it to get rid of skin problems, but this time, you are going to use it to get rid of the cellulite on your upper arms.
- Mix ACV with organic honey.
- Apply directly to the affected areas of your arms.
- Rinse the affected area with warm water.
Remember that aside from getting rid of cellulite, ACV can still be used for a wide variety of things. Do not disregard it yet.
You have heard so many great things about green tea that you cannot help but try it. Take note that drinking too much green tea can stain your teeth and lips so drink moderately. This is effective in reducing the cellulite from your body as it speeds up your metabolism and it makes your body burn the excess fat from your body faster. You can burn extra calories for the next few hours.
- Prepare a pitcher of green tea with hot water.
- Place it in the refrigerator to cool it down if you are not a fan of hot drinks.
- Drink the green tea three times a day.
- You will start to see some results after some time.
This is one of those medicinal plants that people have used for centuries. The fact that it has worked before means that it will still work now. This can improve the overall circulation of your blood and toxins can be removed easily from your body as well. This is good because it can help improve the overall circulation of your body which in turn, can make your skin look healthy all throughout.
- There are some Gingko Biloba teas that you can purchase from specialty stores.
- Drink three times a day.
- You can also get skincare products that contain Gingko Biloba and apply generously on your arms.
A lot of people love coconut oil because of the different benefits that it can provide. Coconut oil can also be useful in getting rid of cellulite from the skin. There are various types of coconut oil, but the best one to use is virgin coconut oil. This is known to help get rid of the fat cells that are stored beneath the skin so that they can be used as energy by the body.
- You can apply coconut oil to your skin after dry brushing so that your pores are still open.
- Another option is to apply coconut oil after showering or bathing.
- You will see the amount of cellulite found on your arms decrease dramatically with this remedy.
Do not throw away those coffee grounds just yet because you can use them to get rid of the cellulite from your body. You can use the coffee scrub while you massage and exfoliate your body to stimulate a healthier blood flow all throughout.
- Mix coffee grounds with sugar and coconut oil.
- Massage this in a glass jar so that you can use it anytime.
- Apply it on your arms 2-3 times a week before you take a bath.
Kettlebells and Dumbbells
There are a lot of natural home remedies that you can use to get rid of the cellulite from the upper arms, but you do not have to disregard exercise to improve the condition of your arms. You can use kettlebells and dumbbells to make your skin tight as your muscles grow stronger. Your arms and your thighs may become a bit sore after but this means that the exercises you have done are working.
- You can look for some workout routines online. There are a lot of programs to choose.
- You may choose to workout at home if you have the proper equipment but if you don’t, it is best that you go to the gym.
Balance your hormones
One of the reasons why women get cellulite easily is because of their hormones. If you could balance your hormones, you can reduce the formation of cellulite on your upper arms. You can ask your doctor for more details on how you can regulate your hormones.
- Doctors usually recommend that you change your diet.
- You will be given a list of products that you cannot eat.
- You may also be recommended to take some medications to regulate your hormones accordingly.
With all of these remedies that you can do, getting rid of the cellulite from your upper arms will not be too tricky.