How to get rid of a rash on skin? A rash is a natural response of the body to allergens such as infection, insects, stress, plants, pharmaceuticals, exercise, heat, excessive cold, alcohol or foods. When it starts, some cells of our skin will release histamine which can result in redness or red patches on the skin.You may also have other symptoms such as itching,sting ,inflammation and burning sensation.
Rashes mostly appear in the chest, back,neck, waist and genitals.Do not scratch heavily, otherwise it may form blisters or pustules.It usually appear during the months of intense heat such as summer.
Rashes are not contagious but they may clog the sweat glands which may lead to acne or pimples.This condition can occur in anyone and at any age, usually disappears after 6 to 8 days. If you can not find out what triggered the outbreak and try to eliminate exposure to that source,they may appear again.
You may use conventional treatment such as topical ointment,over-the-counter,corticosteroids like hydrocortisone to remove the rashes.However,it has some side effects if you use corticosteroids for long time.It will make your skin thin.This article discuss how to remove skin rash naturally with home remedies.
Common Causes of Skin Rashes
- Heat Rash– There are times when your skin might show signs of rashes because of the extreme heat such as wearing too much clothing. Cooling off by taking a bath or going to a much colder place can help get rid of the heat rash.
- Eczema – This is the condition which usually stems from childhood. Offen, those who have eczema know how the rashes look like. Most of the time, the rashes are located near the elbows and knees.
- Viruses and Bacteria – If exposed to a variety of viruses and bacteria, the skin will become irritable. Having proper hygiene helps to get rid of this problem.
- Contact Dermatitis – This is usually acquired when you become exposed to a product or chemical that your skin is particularly sensitive. Trying to avoid the chemical product make you have a lot of benefits.
- Allergic reaction-Allergic reaction may occur when you contact with a substance which the skin mistakes for a threat such as poison ivy,poison oak, soaps, clothing,moisturizers, insect bites and irritating accessories.
- Other conditions –Such as excessive exposure to sunlight,humid and hot climate,smoke,drink alcohol,stress,fat food,lacking of hygiene,excess perspiration, food poisoning or side effects of some drugs.
14 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of a Rash on Skin
1.Try Cold Compress or Bath
The cold compress is so simple that it is likely that you did not think about this in the beginning. Most of the time, we tend to think about complicated things that we can do to change the situation.
Heat rashes are usually inflamed, using cold compress or ice wrapped in a clean cloth can help make the inflammation go down and can make the rashes go away after some time. Of course, this depends on the type of rash that you have.
- Apply ice on a cold towel or place the ice on a compressed container.Place the ice pack on the affected area of the skin.Place on the skin for a few minutes. It may be removed from time to time if it becomes uncomfortable.Do this daily until the inflammation of the rashes lessen.
- Alternative,rub a frozen watermelon skin on the rash gently to relieve heat,redness and itching.
- You can also take a coid bath to relieve the symptoms of the rash such as itching or inflammation.Add two tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate or oats to the bath.Soak the affected area for about 30 minutes.
2. Aloe Vera
Many people know Aloe Vera can make the hair grow thick.Aloe Vera can also be used to help alleviate the heat rashes that appear on the skin because it has natural healing properties that can make the inflammation go away. Aloe vera gel can also make the rashes heal faster to reduce discomfort.
- Cut the leaf of the Aloe Vera to get the aloe vera gel. If in case you do not have the gel, you can also use Aloe vera juice too.
- Place the Aloe vera gel on the affected area of the skin and rub gently for a few minutes.
- Leave on for about half an hour.
- Rinse with cold water.
- You can do this twice a day.
The banana peel is very healthy.The banana peel can be used as a substitute for burgers.You can also use Banana peels to get rid of the rash. The fruit has excellent properties that can help people a lot.
- Place the banana peel on the refrigerator first to make it cool.
- Place the banana peel directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it on for about a few minutes.
- Use the banana peel about 3 – 4 times. After using it that much, discard it.
The saying “Cool as a cucumber.” did not come out of nowhere. Cucumbers are naturally more cooling on the inside which makes it the perfect thing to place on the face whenever there are problems. You can also use cucumber to get rid of rashes naturally.
- Place the cucumber in the refrigerator for about a few hours.
- Place the cucumber slices on the affected area of the skin.
You might think that oatmeal is that one product that you can eat when you are rushing in the morning, and you just need to place something on your stomach, or maybe you are thinking about dieting because oatmeal reminds you of it.
Colloidal oatmeal also has natural soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve the skin irritation and redness.Oatmeal is best for rashes related to allergies, eczema, poison ivy and chicken pox.
If you do not want to make colloidal oatmeal by yourself, you can find it in some stores that offer non-prescription bath products.
- Add a cup of uncooked oatmeal to your bath.Soak in the bath water for about half an hour.Rinse off again with tap water afterward.
- You can also try a oatmeal bath to get rid of rash.It is also very effective for eczema and psoriasis.Soak in the warm water with two to three cups of colloidal oatmeal for 30 minutes.Do not use hot water,which can worse your rash itch.
6.Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another effective treatment for skin rashes from allergy.It has anti-septic and anti-fungal properties which can prevent the fungus that causes rashes.It can also help moisture skin and balance the acid-base level of the skin.
- Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the problem area.
- Wait for 4-5 minutes,this will help pull the toxins out of the skin.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Do this 2-3 times a day until your rash totally fades.
Olive oil is considered to be an oil that can be used for everything. In addition to the fact that you may have used it for cooking, you can also use it as home remedies to get rid of the rash. You can ingest the olive oil and do it several times a day. You can also apply it topically on the skin.
- Prepare clean olive oil and mix it in with another essential oil like coconut oil.
- Place the oil mixture directly on the skin.
- Rub the oil mixture on the skin for a few minutes before it dries.
8.Try Baking Powder
Baking powder can be used as a home remedy for different skin infections because it can help dry out the infected area and improve itchy skin. Thus, placing baking powder on the rashes will make the rashes drier and better.
- Prepare baking powder and mix it in with a small amount of water.
- Place the baking powder and water mixture in the area afflicted with the rash.
- Leave the mixture to dry.
- Rinse off with cold water after.
9. Witch Hazel
One of the main reasons why witch hazel is so effective against rashes is because it is a great astringent. So the witch hazel can help prevent the inflammation of the rashes further. This home remedy can help relieve itching, dry out eruptions and get rid of blisters.
- Decide which type of witch hazel will be placed on the skin. Most of the time, the different options are leaf extract, liquid, and bark.
- Place the witch hazel directly on the skin. If you are using a liquid form of witch hazel, wait for it to dry.
- When it dries up, rinse it off with cold water.
You probably do not know that neem leaves can be very useful in getting rid of rashes. One of the main reasons why it is so helpful is because it has medicinal properties.
- Crush the neem leaves until a paste is formed.
- Place the neem leaves paste directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Remove it after half an hour.
- You can also place fresh neem leaves on the water for bathing.
11.Chamomile Tea Bags
The great thing about the Chamomile tea bags is that they contain a lot of anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve the pain and discomfort brought about by having rashes. Usually, the chamomile tea bags can make the rashes heal faster.
- Place the chamomile tea bags on the skin.
- Wait for it to dry
- Rinse off the leftover tea if you are uncomfortable.
12.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil derived from the leaves of the tea tree have been used for generations in Australian.It is an effective treatment for many conditions such as blisters,chicken pox,warts, pimples,cold sores,athlete’s foot,ringworm,scabies and rashes.It is a common ingredient in many ointments,lotions, and creams.
- Dilute a few drops tea tree oil with water,apply it on your affected area after you shower completely.
- Do not use undiluted tea tree oil, which will irritate your skin and cause redness.
- Do this 2-3 times daily. It will take serval weeks to remove the rash.
- You can also add a few drops of chamomile tea to increase effect.
- Another option is to add a few drops tea tree oil to your bath.This will help cover a large area.
13.Try Cornstarch Paste
The refreshing properties of cornstarch are helpful in relieving the symptoms of heat sores and rashes.
- Mix the cornstarch with hot water in a small bowl until a paste forms.
- Gently pat dough on affected area and let work until it is completely dry.
- Remove the mixture with a towel soaked in cold water.
- Make sure do not rub the skin.
- For larger areas, melt a cup of cornstarch in a warm bath and immerse yourself for 20 minutes.
14. Cream or Drugs
There are many over-the-counter medications to help get rid of rashes. Oral antihistamines minimize allergic reactions but may have side effects such as drowsiness. Calamine lotion and hydrocortisone cream can be applied locally to stop the itching of rashes.
- If the lesions are dry, you can apply an unscented cream to moisturize the skin. In some cases (atopic dermatitis, red milia, and diaper rash), 0.5% hydrocortisone cream, which is available over-the-counter in pharmacies, can relieve symptoms and soften the skin.
- In cases of bacterial infectious diseases (such as impetigo or shingles), you can apply an antibiotic cream sold without a prescription, such as Baciguent.
Other Solutions to Get Rid of Rashes on Skin
- Prepare some celery leaves and boil for 10-15 minutes. Filter and soak with gauze or cotton cloth and apply it to the rash for about 30 mintures.
- Wash some plantain (or banana) peels, crush them and apply to the affected area for at least two hours.The allantoin in the fruit has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
- Cucumber has good anti-inflammatory properties. Wash and chop a cucumber, mix it until you get a paste, apply it to the skin.Repeat this process at least three times a day. This can effectively help you remove rashes, burns, eczema and urticaria.
- Onions has excellent soothing and anti-inflammatory properties which can effectively help you treat rashes. Chop and boil a onion in a pot, soak a cotton and apply it to the skin.You can also add some apple cider vinegar to enhance the effect.
- Dandelions can treat many skin diseases such as acne, eczema and rashes. Wash the roots and leaves of dandelion,Cool it for 10 minutes after boiling, soaked in cotton and then applied to the rash.
When to see your doctor
An eruption accompanied by fever, nausea, vomiting, breathing difficulties requires immediate consultation. The symptoms are very bothersome or persistent.