Armpit rashes are a common skin condition that affects people of all ages. They happen when your sweat mixes with bacteria on your skin, creating an itchy rash. Armpit rashes are extremely common, especially in warm weather when people are sweating more, and there’s not a lot you can do to prevent them.
A rash in the armpit is often very itchy and may be painful. It may also be red, have a different texture to the skin around it, and have small bumps on it. The rash will often be in one or both armpits, though it’s possible to have an armpit rash on one side only.
There are different reasons why people have armpit rash. Sometimes, people get armpit rash because of the things they have eaten. An itchy rash in the armpit could also be caused by irritation from deodorant or antiperspirant. Some people may be sensitive or allergic to the ingredients in deodorants and antiperspirants.
If you experience armpit rash symptoms, such as itching, redness, or skin discomfort, you can try applying an ice pack to reduce inflammation and soothe the area. You can also try applying an oatmeal bath or hydrocortisone cream to the affected area to reduce irritation and skin redness. Drinking plenty of water and eating a diet rich in iron can help reduce the risk of armpit rash and the severity of symptoms. This article will discuss top 10 natural remedies to get rid of armpit rash.
Top 10 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Armpit Rash Fast
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known for its good properties. It is known to help heal the skin against breakouts, so it is not surprising that it can also help heal rashes found in the armpit area. You may choose to use fresh Aloe Vera leaves, or you may also want to use Aloe Vera extract.
- Apply the gel of the Aloe Vera leaves on the rash,
- Leave it on for a few minutes
- Wash it off with cold water.
Lemon is one of people’s favorite citrus fruits. It can help eliminate the rash in your armpit because it can help kill the bacteria you might have on your arms. The best thing about this is that you can also use it as a deodorant.
- Place a swipe of lemon on your armpits to eliminate your problems.
- You may want not to use lemon after you have shaved.
- You can do this every day.
3. Baking Soda
The best thing about baking soda is that it can help eliminate the rash on your armpit. There are different options on what you can do so that it will be effective for you.
- Place the baking soda in your bathwater.
- Place the baking soda on your armpit so as not to feel wet.
- Leave it on until such time that it becomes correct.
The coolness of ice can be beneficial. You can be sure that this can effectively eliminate the problems you may have associated with your armpits.
- Place the ice on the affected area.
- Leave it for a few minutes to help eliminate the itch and the pain.
- You may have to do it as often as you want.
5. Hot Compress
The great thing about using the hot compress is that it can help promote drainage. You can make sure that this will be effective in getting rid of the itch, causing you to feel uncomfortable.
- Place the hot compress on the affected area for an extended period.
- Remember that you would have to change the hot compress, especially if you plan on using this for an extended period.
- You may have to alternate this with a cold compress if needed.
The great thing about Vitamin E is it is known to be good for the skin. It also helps promote the production of new cells whenever old cells are removed. This can also help relieve the itch that you may be experiencing.
- Place the Vitamin E oil directly on the skin using your fingers.
- Massage your Vitamin E oil so that the skin will absorb it.
- Do this twice daily until you get relief from the itch.
7. Potassium Alum
You have to remember that Potassium Alum contains astringent and antiseptic properties. This can help prevent the bacteria that may be causing the itch to take place. Remember that this is very easy to use and purchase too.
- Place directly under the armpits in powder form if you are uncomfortable placing the stone underneath your armpit.
- Pace it on your underarm after you have taken a bath.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has always been good for the skin, so it is not surprising that this is also good for getting rid of rashes that you may have on your skin. Do remember that coconut oil is known to eliminate the inflammation that you may have on your skin.
- Mix coconut oil with baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the paste all over the rash.
- Let the rashes soak on the skin for about 5 minutes, so you have nothing to worry about.
9. Tea Tree Oil
The great thing about tea tree oil is that it can be beneficial. It can help eliminate the fungus that may be causing the infection. It can also be used as an excellent remedy to help get rid of the itchiness that you may be feeling.
- Get a cotton ball and dip it in tea tree oil with water.
- Place the tea tree oil with water on the affected area of the skin.
- Make sure that you will blend well so that the skin will absorb the tea tree oil.
Vitamin E is not only the type of vitamin that can help fight the itchiness that you might feel. You have to make sure that you can get rid of the problems you may have. This can also help get rid of the various infections that can be found on the skin.
- Place vitamin C directly on your skin not to have any problems with your skin.
- Do this about 2 – 3 times a day regarding what you should do.
How to prevent Armpit Rash
The best way to prevent armpit rash is to make sure you are keeping your armpit clean. Exfoliating your armpits and showering daily will help prevent clogged pores and reduce your risk of developing an armpit rash.
Some people may be more prone to armpit rash due to allergies or sensitive skin. If this is the case, you may want to try an anti-histamine or non-drying oatmeal soap to cleanse your skin.
Armpit rashes tend to clear up on their own within a few days, but you can speed up the process by treating your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to try a salicylic acid exfoliant instead of an abrasive scrub.