How to get rid of dead skin on feet?There is a big chance that you have acquired dead skin on your feet because of various reasons but the number one reason for this is because of the lack of moisture on your feet. Of course, there are still other reasons why you may have acquired dead skin on your feet such as the following:
Causes of Dead Skin on Your Feet
- Standing for long hours – When you constantly put pressure on your feet, there is a big chance that you will acquire more dead skin on your feet than usual.
- Harsh Soaps – Some soap products may contain chemicals that are bad for your feet. As a result, you will acquire more dead skin cells.
- Being Overweight – When your feet would have to carry more weight than it should, this can cause the acquisition of a dead skin.
- Improper Footwear – There will be instances when people tend not to wear the right footwear or for women, wearing high heels all the time can let them acquire more dead skin on their feet.
- Medical Conditions – Some medical conditions may cause the skin on the feet to become drier than usual.
There are always a lot of known ways on how you can get rid of the dry skin on your feet but if in case you would like to keep things natural; you may consider the natural home remedies that will allow you to get rid of dry skin on your feet now.
10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dead Skin on Feet
You may not realize this yet but warm water can help make the feet more relaxed especially if you would do it in the evening. This will also help loosen dead skin cells that may cause the feet to become drier than usual.
- Fill a bucket or a basin with warm water.
- Place your feet inside the bucket or basin for about 20 minutes.
- You may want to use a scrub to remove the dead skin cells.
- Dry your feet properly afterward.
- Put lotion to moisturize the feet.
If in case you would like to remove dead skin cells on your feet while you are taking a bath, you know that the use of the scrub can make this effective. You would need to scrub away the dead skin cells with warm, soapy water.
- Use liquid soap and wash your feet with it.
- Use a pumice stone to scrub away the dead skin cells.
- Rinse off your feet on running water and pat dry with soft towel.
Paraffin wax is known to be highly effective in getting rid of dead skin on feet because it can lessen the effects of having dry and cracked feet. It will also make the skin softer than ever since it can retain the natural oils of the skin.
- Heat paraffin wax in your microwave or your pan.
- Add a hint of coconut oil to it.
- Apply the paste which may be a bit hot in the beginning but you will get used to it.
- Leave on the feet overnight.
- Wash off the wax on your feet in the morning.
This is one of the things that dermatologists may use before doing some treatments for the skin so it is not a surprise that this is also another thing that can be used on the feet in order to make the feet softer than ever.
- Mix glycerin with lemon juice.
- Apply directly to the feet.
- Leave on the feet for about 20 minutes before washing off with water.
- This would need to be done for a couple of weeks.
Epsom salt is known to improve the circulation around the feet area and this makes it effective in getting rid of dead skin on feet. It also contains magnesium that may help remove the toxins from the feet.
- You would need to add Epsom salt to water.
- Soak your feet for about 10 minutes.
- Dry your feet afterward and place petroleum jelly.
- Repeat every day about three days.
It has been said that making use of the mentholated rub can be very effective in getting rid of dry and cracked feet. It contains a lot of natural essential oils which can be good for the skin. If in case you also have some problems with fungus, this can also be effective.
- Make sure that your feet are clean and dry.
- Apply the mentholated rub on your feet.
- Put on a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
- In the morning, wash with warm water.
- This would have to be done until you get desired results.
The fact that lemon is highly acidic makes it perfect for getting rid of dead skin cells on your feet. At the same time, you can also remove dry skin found in the feet area. At the same time, it can make your feet look more naturally smooth.
- Prepare warm water and pour lemon juice on it.
- Soak your feet in this solution for about 15 minutes.
- Use a foot brush in order to scrub your feet to remove the dead skin cells.
- Wash and dry your feet completely.
If you would like to remove dead skin cells, the use of vinegar can be very effective. This can make the dead skin softer around the feet and as a result, you will have smoother skin on your feet.
- Mix vinegar with water and soak your feet in the solution for about 15 minutes.
- Use a foot scrubber so that you can remove the dead skin cells.
- Wash your feet and pat dry.
- Place petroleum jelly on your feet afterward.
If you would like to get rid of dead skin on feet with an effective remedy, oatmeal is the right remedy for you. You can make a foot scrub with oatmeal so that you can remove dead skin cells effectively at the same time, you can also keep the skin on your feet moisturized properly.
- Mix oatmeal with rose water or even milk if you please.
- Leave the oatmeal on the feet for about 30 minutes first before you start scrubbing.
- Place the paste on the lower portion of your feet and scrub.
- You can use a foot brush in order to scrub more effectively.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Pat dry your feet.
- In order to make this more effective, do this every other day.
Remember that when using banana, you would have to choose an overripe one. You can blend them into a paste and apply on your cracked feet so that you can moisturize your skin and get rid of dead skin on feet effectively.
- Blend the overripe banana so that you can form a thick paste.
- You may choose to add an avocado if you want it to be more effective.
- Apply this paste on your feet for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Make sure that you will lukewarm and cold water to rinse.
- Follow this remedy every day.
If you would like to have smoother and more moisturized skin, you can do the things mentioned above.